Bramboráčky – “White Death”
Peter says these potato pancakes with bacon are called “White Death”, as they are decadent and not exactly heart healthy.
- 4 raw potatoes, grated
- several cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 cup flour (mouka hladka – smooth, all purpose flour)
- cooked, chopped bacon, optional
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- Peter grated 4 raw potatoes along with several cloves of garlic, and drained it.
- He added 1/2 c of milk, an egg, a pinch of salt, a tsp of marjoram, and ¼ cup of flour .
- Optionally, you can add cooked, chopped bacon to the batter.
- Form the batter into pankcakes with your hands, and fry them in hot sunflower oil, about ½ inch in the frying pan.
- Brown on both sides.
Peter served the potato pancakes with ghoulash.