Bramborová Polévka – Potato Soup
- 1 parsnip
- mushrooms, 1-2 cups
- 4-6 potatoes, cubed, raw
- 6 garlic cloves
- 6-8 cups water
- 1 tbsp celery root spice
- 1/4 cup dried mushrooms, chopped
- chopped bacon, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.4 cup marjoram
- salt and pepper to tast
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- Slice the parsnip into small ½ inch pieces, on an angle, and then chop mushrooms and potatoes into small cubes as well.
- Grate 6 garlic cloves, and then put it all into a pot with about 6-8 cups of water (the pot was half full) and add in chopped bacon.
- Add 1tbsp of celery root spice and ¼ cup of dried mushrooms, chopped.
- After about 45 minutes, add a roux of sunflower oil and flour whisked in (about 1/2 cup each),
- Season the soup further with marjoram – about ¼ cup, and salt and pepper.
- Add another cup or so of water to the soup.
- Cook the soup in total for about 1.5 hrs.
Before serving, add chopped chives into the soup pot.