Palicinky are Slovak pancakes, a bit thicker than crepes, and better tasting, I think. These have yeast and vanilla sugar in them, and have a wonderful, sweat and savory flavour. In this version, they are cooked on a special frying pan that has four indents for the pancakes, so they turn out the same size every time.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup flour (all purpose)
- 2 packages vanilla sugar
- 1 cube fresh yeast (or 1 package dry)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- blueberry preserves
- Mix the milk with about 1 cup of all purpose flour, packages of vanilla sugar, yeast and egg.
- Heat the special pancake frying pan with sunflower oil, and fry the pancakes, 4 at a time, flipping when golden on the bottom side, about 2 minutes
- Whip 2 cups of cream with ½ cup of icing sugar, to stiff peaks.
To serve, spoon generous amounts of the whipped cream with a dollop of blueberry jam.