Vanilijovy Sladoled – Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Pauline’s recipe for vanilla bean ice cream is even creamier and more decadent than Breyer’s All Natural Pure Premium Ice Cream, the brand I taste tested in vast quantities eons ago. I served the ice cream with raspberries and home made vanilla sugar.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream (or use 4 cups milk and skip the cream)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar in the food processor for about 5 minutes until thick and white
- While the yolks are being mixed, heat the cream and milk with the vanilla pod, scraping out the seeds into the milk/cream mixture. Put the pod in the milk too.
- Cook the milk and cream just until about to boil; allow to thicken
- Slowly add the hot milk and cream (take out the pod) into the food processor as it is mixing the yolks
- Strain the cream/yolk mixture through a sieve
- Cool in the fridge
- Place the cooled cream and yolk mixture into an ice cream maker for about 45 minutes until thickened
- Freeze at least two hours or over night